[gmx-users] [gmx users] Terminal amide hydrogens not included in H-bond analysis

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue May 5 20:03:47 CEST 2020

On 5/5/20 12:12 PM, Neena Susan Eappen wrote:
> Thank you Sahil, I will try VMD plugin for H-bond analysis.
> Thank you Justin for your reply, it looks like gmx hbond considers only one N-H as donor when part of NH2 group. Please take a look at this file.

This is what gmx hbond does by default, see gmx help hbond:

  -[no]merge                 (yes)
            H-bonds between the same donor and acceptor, but with different
            hydrogen are treated as a single H-bond. Mainly important
for the
            ACF.

This is a very different situation than claiming the NH2 group simply
isn't accounted for.

-Justin

> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EgJPbHXNCo--VFOoy1YYolBx3XKBKpiH/view?usp=sharing
>
> Many thanks,