[gmx-users] Lincs warning and Bond length not finite

Mohamed Abdelaal m.b.abdelaal at gmail.com
Thu May 7 13:22:10 CEST 2020

Many thanks Alex for your reply :)

You have pressure scaling and LINCS convergence issues, suggesting that
> the starting configuration is far from equilibrium, as well as
> potentially other issues.
>
> How to check if my starting configuration is far from equilibrium ? I
checked the Temperature and Pressure curves ( attached in the original
email) and they look equilibirated. Is there anything I am missing?

> Gromos FF is not appropriate for graphene, and neither is turning C-C
> bonds into LINCS constraints, as set by your 'all-bonds' -- graphene is
> not a small organic molecule or a protein. Also, if your system is
> periodic in all directions, make sure the graphene edges are
> crystallographically commensurate with respect to PBC and the box size
> is appropriate.

How can I make that my graphene edges are crystallographically commensurate
with respect to PBC ?

I have chosen box size equal to the graphene sheet size and increased the
height to make sure that the deposited molecules will not be deposited out
of my graphene sheet area.

> Finally, make sure that the small molecules you're
> depositing on graphene are properly pre-equilibrated.
>
> Actually, after your email, I did the simulation for both the graphene
sheet and the deposited molecules (C60) each alone to check with one has
problems with the lincs warning. The C60 alone was successfully completed.
The Graphene sheet didn't work due to the lincs warning. I know now that
the problem is only in the graphene sheet.

> Alex

Thanks,
Mohamed