[gmx-users] nucleic acid PDB input files

Cameron Mura cmura at mccammon.ucsd.edu
Tue Mar 1 18:04:54 CET 2005

Hi Andrey,

Thanks for the tip -- I was directed to a similar post by Graham Smith
regarding ff*.hdb files
(http://www.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2002-November/003394.html).
I finally was able to get pdb2gmx to work (without using the -missing
option) by modifying the residue topology file for the G43a1 FF and the
corresponding *.hdb file.  I ended-up adding a 5' nucleotide without
phosphate (not re-parameterized, but that's OK b/c not running MD or
anything like that with it... just building a solvated structure).

Thanks again,
Cameron