[gmx-users] Go-model Hamiltonian

Xavier Periole X.Periole at rug.nl
Tue Jan 15 20:45:16 CET 2008

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 08:20:05 -0600
  eddie mendel <pckboy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings Gromax users!
>

> I am trying to do free energy calculations using a Go-model Hamiltonian
>simulation, and I was wondering if GROMACS has such capabilities.
>
> I was planning to use CHARMM but I found a problem at a server that builds
>the respective  Go-model Hamiltonian from a pdb  file

I do not know anybody who as used a Go-model in GMX but it should not be
so difficult using tabulated potentials!

> this is the website in case you are interested:
>http://mmtsb.scripps.edu/webservices/gomodel.html

What is wrong with the website server? Does it give a wrong "topology"?
We have been using it for a peptide and that would be nice if you could
detail the "bug".

> Please let me know any suggestions you may have. My protein has around 500
> residues and hence I think a Go-model is the only viable
> option I have.

Depends on what you are after. We have developed a Coarse Grain model
for proteins and it can handle enormous systems without problems. It
should be out in a few months.

XAvier

> Thanks for the advice beforehand
>

> Eduardo Mendez