[gmx-users] Why density increase with increasing the cutoff length?

Arden Perkins perkina2 at eou.edu
Mon Dec 21 10:25:41 CET 2009

>From what my Professor told me it is my understanding that cutoff length is
somewhat a trade-off between accuracy of the simulation and length of time
to generate the simulation. A higher cut-off indicates more accuracy but
will take longer to simulate. I use low cut-offs for less important
simulations like energy minimizations.

An increase in density would mean a larger number of simulated molecules and
therefore a need for a higher cut-off for more accurate data. That is my
best theory anyway.

Arden Perkins