[gmx-users] make ghost atom

Jochen Hub jochen at xray.bmc.uu.se
Thu Mar 25 10:24:07 CET 2010

Park, Jae Hyun nmn wrote:

> Dear all,
>

> I would like to change a specific atom into a ghost particle (no
> interaction with system) after some time (for example, 1ns).
>
> Is there any way to implement it in GROMACS?
>
> If I need change the code, what file do I have to look at?

If you want to smoothly switch off the interaction you can use the free
energy code for that (I would use sd-integrator in that case).

Note sure if that is what you mean though.

Cheers,

Jochen

> I would deeply appreciate any comments.
>
> Jae H. Park
>

> Jae Hyun Park, Ph.D.
> Physics Division
> Oak Ridge National Laboratory
> P.O. Box 2008, MS-6372
> Oak Ridge, TN 37831
>
> Phone (865) 241-1482
>
> E-mail parkj at ornl.gov

Dr. Jochen Hub
Molecular Biophysics group
Dept. of Cell & Molecular Biology
Uppsala University. Box 596, 75124 Uppsala, Sweden.
Phone: +46-18-4714451 Fax: +46-18-511755