[gmx-users] CG Force and Potential through do_force()

Sikandar Mashayak symashayak at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 17:26:35 CET 2010

@ Mark :: you said if the potential is never used then I dont have to worry
about storing its value. Suppose I am replacing Coulombic interactions with
something of its equivalent through new force field, and I dont store the
potential due to it, will I still get the similar results in terms of
structure (RDF). Of course I am assuming that new force can accurately
replace the Coulombic interactions among the charged atoms.

By just having correct forces acting on the atoms and not worrying about
storing potential energies, will I still get same trajectory as with storing
potential energies.

thanks
sikandar