[gmx-users] Hydrogen existence time

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Thu Aug 25 01:48:21 CEST 2011

On 25/08/2011 12:00 AM, aiswarya.pawar at gmail.com wrote:
> Mark,
>
> The residence time equation goes like this-
>
> P(r)= function (N(t) - N(t+r))dt
>
> Where function(x-y) takes the value of 1 when x=y(x not equal to 0 and y not equal to 0) ie the site occupied and when x not equal to y or both x and y =0. N(t) index of water molecule found in the hydration site at time t.

So that's the autocorrelation of the existence function. Now you need a
geometric criterion for existence. Note that g_hbond with
well-constructed groups will calculate the autocorrelation of the
existence function for an H-bond. See g_hbond -h.

g_dist, some scripting and g_analyse might be necessary for other criteria.

Mark