[gmx-users] Ion distribution around Cl fix

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Thu Jul 7 13:47:07 CEST 2011

On 7/07/2011 6:25 PM, Javier Cerezo wrote:
> Hi
>
> The large peak in sodium rdf should be a consequence of the attractive
> interaction between Na+ and Cl- and so it seems a reasonable plot.
> Please, try to be a bit more clear and specific about your actual
> problem. You can also post your command line arguments for rdf.
>
> Also, in your mdp parameters you've set
> freezegrps               = Cl fix
>
> This means you have 2 different groups ("Cl" and "fix"), is this one
> your working mdp file?

Indeed. Also, knowing what is in your index groups and the commands that
produced the graphs is integral to attempting to interpret the results,
and we're still in the dark.

When you go to a doctor and say "I've got these two lumps, and they're
different and I'm not sure I should have either of them, or that they
should look this way", then you're paying the doctor lots of money to
ask questions about where the lumps are and how long they've been there
and whether you got bitten by insects and to actually look at the lumps
and to pat you on the head and say they'll probably be gone by the
weekend and to maybe invest in some mosquito screens and not scratch
open one of them. :-)

But when you're hoping someone will give up their time for free to help
solve your problem... do give as much information as you think could
possibly be relevant on your first attempt :-)

Mark