[gmx-users] No Distribution?

Xu Dong Huang xudonghmath at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 23:29:36 CET 2013

Dear All,

My martini system has 3 particles in a chain, rest is martini water, and I’m only interested in the bond length distribution of particle 1&2, 1&3 and 2&3, and I execute the following:
g_bond -f npt.xtc -n index.ndx -o bonds.xvg

I get the following error:
Total number of samples               : 153
Mean                                  : 0.501255
Standard deviation of the distribution: 0.152864
Standard deviation of the mean        : 0.0123583

Back Off! I just backed up bonds.xvg to ./#bonds.xvg.1#

Program g_bond, VERSION 4.5.5
Source code file: gmx_bond.c, line: 207

Fatal error:
No distribution... (i0 = 999, i1 = 1)? ? ! ! ? !

Upon inspecting my index files, I see that it defines my 3 particle group as:
[ O1 ]
   1    2    3

Then I changed the particle group index file to
[ O1 ]
   1    2
   2	3
   1	3