[gmx-users] Re: Energy minimization has stopped....

Kalyanashis kalyan.chem.in at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 13:19:41 CET 2013

I have given my .mdp file,
; title             =  trp_drg
warning             =  10
cpp                 =  /usr/bin/cpp
define              =  -DPOSRES
constraints         =  all-bonds
integrator          =  md
dt                  =  0.002 ; ps !
nsteps              =  1000000 ; total 2000.0 ps.
nstcomm             =  100
nstxout             =  250 ; ouput coordinates every 0.5 ps
nstvout             =  1000 ; output velocities every 2.0 ps
nstfout             =  0
nstlog              =  100
nstenergy           =  100
nstlist             =  100
ns_type             =  grid
rlist               =  1.0
coulombtype         =  PME
rcoulomb            =  1.0
vdwtype             =  cut-off
rvdw                =  1.0
fourierspacing      =  0.12
fourier_nx          =  0
fourier_ny          =  0
fourier_nz          =  0
pme_order           =  6
ewald_rtol          =  1e-5
optimize_fft        =  yes
; Berendsen temparature coupling is on
Tcoupl      =  berendsen
tau_t               =  1.0    1.0    -0.1      1.0   1.0
tc_grps             =  SOL    NA     protein   OMP   CL
ref_t               =  300    300    300       300   300
; Pressure coupling is on
pcoupl              =  berendsen ; Use Parrinello-Rahman for research work
pcoupltype          =  isotropic ; Use semiisotropic when working with
membranes
tau_p               =  2.0
compressibility     =  4.5e-5
ref_p               =  1.0
refcoord-scaling    =  all
; Generate velocites is on at 300 K.
gen_vel             = yes
gen_temp            = 300.0
gen_seed            = 173529

And It is a large protein system containing drug molecule and the atoms of
whole system is near about 16000.
As I did not get any .gro file, thus the MD run was not properly finished.
Please suggest me the probable source this kind error.
Thank you so much..

--
Kalyanashis Jana
email: kalyan.chem.in at gmail.com