[gmx-users] Group protein not found in indexfile

Steve Seibold stevesei at ymail.com
Wed Nov 6 19:52:39 CET 2013

Hello

I am having trouble running a dimmer invacuo simulation. I can do energy minimization on it, but when I attempt to generate md.tpr file I get this weird message about “Group Protein not found in index”. I don’t see why I would need an index file. I have no trouble generating a md.tpr file  for md (afer energy minimization) IF I solvate the system. It is only in a vacuum that I cannot generate a .tpr file using grompp. Has anyone else had this symptom with Gromacs?

I have worked on this a couple of days and would appreciate any help…

Thanks