[gmx-users] Group protein not found in indexfile

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Nov 6 19:55:59 CET 2013

On 11/6/13 1:52 PM, Steve Seibold wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am having trouble running a dimmer invacuo simulation. I can do energy
> minimization on it, but when I attempt to generate md.tpr file I get this
> weird message about “Group Protein not found in index”. I don’t see why I
> would need an index file. I have no trouble generating a md.tpr file  for md
> (afer energy minimization) IF I solvate the system. It is only in a vacuum
> that I cannot generate a .tpr file using grompp. Has anyone else had this
> symptom with Gromacs?

I was trying to help you before:

http://lists.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2013-November/085179.html

but the thread went cold, so I assumed you had fixed it.  If you're still having
problems, we still need to see the information I asked for before.

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601