[gmx-users] Re: CHARMM .mdp settings for GPU

Gianluca Interlandi gianluca at u.washington.edu
Thu Nov 7 21:44:31 CET 2013

Hi Mark!

I think that this is the paper that you are referring to:

dx.doi.org/10.1021/ct900549r

Also for your reference, these are the settings that Justin recommended
using with CHARMM in gromacs:

vdwtype = switch
rlist = 1.2
rlistlong = 1.4
rvdw = 1.2
rvdw-switch = 1.0
rcoulomb = 1.2

As you mention the switch function in gromacs is different than in CHARMM
but it appears that the difference is very small.

Gianluca

Gianluca Interlandi, PhD gianluca at u.washington.edu
                     +1 (206) 685 4435
                     http://artemide.bioeng.washington.edu/

Research Scientist at the Department of Bioengineering