[gmx-users] segmentation fault on gromacs 4.5.5 after mdrun

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Nov 11 17:33:44 CET 2013

On 11/11/13 11:24 AM, Carlos Javier Almeciga Diaz wrote:
> Hello evryone,
>
> I doing a simulation of a ligand-protein interaction with gromacs 4.5.5. Everything looks fine after I equilibrate the protein-ligand complex. I'm running these commands:
>

> grompp -f nvt.mdp -c em.gro -p topol.top -n index.ndx -o nvt.tpr
>
> mdrun -deffnm nvt
>
> Nevertheless, I got this error:
>
> "Reading file nvt.tpr, VERSION 4.5.5 (double precision)
> Segmentation fault"
>
> What should I do?

Instantaneous failure typically indicates that the forces are nonsensically high
and the constraint algorithm immediately fails.  Likely the previous energy
minimization did not adequately complete.

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601