[gmx-users] QM guy at wits' end

SAllen allense at email.unc.edu
Wed Nov 20 20:08:53 CET 2013

Hello,

I want to run MD simulations on a series of macrocycles that contain a lot
of non-standard residues (dehydroalanines, dehydrobutyrines, 1,3-thiazoles,
and a pyridine for good measure). I've been coming the internets for a
reasonable guide on how to develop parameter and topology files for my
structures, and I'll I've found are sites saying that it's too hard. Does
anyone have any good guides for developing (reasonable!) topology and
parameter files? I have access to lots of QM programs (gaussian, spartan,
even schrodinger).

Thanks,
-Scott