[gmx-users] Fwd: Help on the vector component

Ankita Naithani ankitanaithani at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 11:25:43 CET 2013

Hi Tsjerk,

Thanks for the explanation. Yes, so  basically, if I am using calpha atoms
for two systems namely apo and holo (the structure is same with holo having
one extra ligand from apo) and then comparing their eigenvectors, it will
be a sensible comparison? Also, since these components correspond to the
direction of motion associated with a particular eigenvector, will we be
sensible in commenting/discussing about the collapse or emergence of
eigenvector components between the two trajectories with regards to the
atom position on x axis as outputted? For instance, if in Apo a particular
atom has high value of total component but maybe in holo that might have a
lower value, so could we try to analyse it in a component way by commenting
upon the collapse or appearance of motion?

[I might have been extremely confusing here, apologies for that]

Kind regards,

Ankita