[gmx-users] Alcohol molecules moving from water/vacuum interface

William Foskett whfoskett at gmail.com
Tue May 6 08:40:07 CEST 2014

I have inspected the trajectory with VMD 1.9.1. It appears that between two
frames the alcohol molecules jump from one interface to the other - rather
than diffusing through the bulk over time.

I had not considered PBC artefacts - I am fairly new to these molecular
simulations. I have just read into PBC artefacts and it seems that this
could be a possible solution to the problem. Could these used to limit the
area in which the alcohols molecules could move?