[gmx-users] Force Field for Bilayer Simulations with Cholesterol and Proteins

Ollila Samuli samuli.ollila at aalto.fi
Wed May 7 14:59:30 CEST 2014

Hi,

In my understanding the CH2-LP2 attraction is stronger than LP2-LP2 attraction in the Berger/Höltje combination you described. If you then have CH2 groups in cholesterol and LP2 groups in lipids, it might lead to too condensed bilayer. I think that the related issue is discussed here:

http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/0953-8984/18/28/S07

and here:

http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/C2CP42738A

we have changed the CH2 groups in cholesterol to LP2 groups and compared the results quite extensively to the NMR measurements.

BR,
Samuli Ollila