[gmx-users] All-atom MD simulation of a protein at 323K and 283K

Erik Marklund erik.marklund at chem.ox.ac.uk
Thu May 8 11:40:13 CEST 2014

Hi,

What you need to be aware of is that heat capacities aren't well reflected by the force field, hence the temperature offset from 300 K may not be well reflected either. As such, your simulation at 323 K may in fact be more representative of let's say 335 K or something. I can't comment on the magnitude of this effect however.

Yours,
Erik Marklund