[gmx-users] energy

mirko busato busato.mirko at yahoo.com
Fri May 9 15:38:54 CEST 2014

Dear Justin,

Thank you very much for your quick reply,

In my .mdp file I set up energygrps to protein ITA.
(ITA is the group for the Itaconic acid monomers)

After that I tried to launch g_energy command on .edr file.

Is it right?

which energy terms do you suggest me to use for my problem (to understand the affinity peptide-monomer)?

Thank you very much,

Mirko

On Friday, May 9, 2014 2:20 PM, Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:

On 5/9/14, 6:28 AM, mirko busato wrote:
> Dear Users,
>
> In my experiment, one petide of troponin protein  and many copies of the same type of  monomer, itaconic acid,(negatively charged) are assembled in a virtual box.
>

> I would like to understand , if there is a method to calculate the interaction energy between the peptide and the monomers.

That's what energygrps are for.

-Justin

> I am asking this because I would like to have an energetic value to determine the affinity of the itaconic acid monomer against the peptide.
>
> My system is in vacuum and  NA sodium ions weren't added to neutralize the system, so my system is charged.
>
> The force field used is CHARMM27  and I performed a minimization energy step  and an equilibration step.
>

> Could you help me?
>
> Thank you very much,
>
> Mirko

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences