[gmx-users] refcoord-scaling

Chetan Mahajan chetanvm10 at gmail.com
Sat May 10 22:00:39 CEST 2014

Hi Mark

We discussed this "refcoord scaling=com not working" quite a bit. With new
version of gromacs 4.6.5, it seemed that com option is working fine.
However, I later found out that it is only for equilibration run and system
does blow up (domain decomposition error) in production run. Again to
revise: I have a system consisting of 13133 atoms ( A TiO2 crystal ( 720
Ti) , 3656 water molecules, 1 formate ion, 1 sodium ion). Atoms in TiO2
crystal are held by position restraints.

In the following you had made a comment that multiple COM and PBC may not
be working well with each other. WHy did you think it's a case of
"multiple" com of TiO2?  I am asking this, since in my TiO2 crystal, we are
not defining any bonds between Ti and O, although we are defining entire
TiO2 crystal to be one molecule. So, we can think of only 1 com.

Thanks
Chetan