[gmx-users] gen-pairs, nrexcl and [ pairs ] in itp files

Jon Kapla jon.kapla at mmk.su.se
Mon May 12 13:46:31 CEST 2014

Hi,

There have been some efforts of trying to implement the 56Acarbo before,
and there are some files that you might want to take a look at in the
user contributions section on the Gromacs website. I think the files
there only delas with 1-4 glycosidic linkages, but I guess it should be
straightforward to extend it to other connections using the dihedral
types from the 56Acarbo paper. Anyway the files might come in handy for
you if you haven't dicovered them yet. I can't say anything about the
quality of the conversion though, since I haven't used those parameters
myself, but it seems they use the same approach as you do (and as I did
a couple of years ago trying to accomplish the same thing, but I swiched
to Glycam parameters before I finished the project). I guess the best
thing would be to try to get hold of single point energies from gromos
and compare them with your conversion.

http://www.gromacs.org/Downloads/User_contributions/Force_fields

Regards
Jon Kapla