[gmx-users] pbc problem

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed May 14 17:31:25 CEST 2014

On 5/14/14, 7:54 AM, elham tazikeh wrote:
> dear gromacs users
> i did simulate zinc and copper ion on human growth hormone protein
> when i saw my md.gro and md.xtc files by VMD software
> i found out my system isn,t in the box(cubic)
> i tried to solve this problem by :
>
> trjconv -f md.xtc -s md.tpr -o new.xtc -n index.ndx -pbc mol
>
> but there is this problem,again.
> could you please help me

Often times, a single pass of trjconv is insufficient.  At the very least, try
using the (intuitive) -center option.  Otherwise, consult
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Periodic_Boundary_Conditions#Suggested_trjconv_workflow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601