[gmx-users] How to efficiently fix pbc trajectories problems for VMD using

Vito Genna Vito.Genna at iit.it
Tue May 20 19:14:45 CEST 2014

Dear Justin,

Thank you for your email.
As in your case, my system is formed by a Protein + dsDNA + structural ions + counterions + ligand + water
I guess that I have too much element to efficiently solve the problem but I want to try to fix it. The solution could help
other people to avoid to became crazy with this kind of TRJs manipulations.

Figs. link: http://wikisend.com/download/571570/pics.zip

Well. today I tried  a different combo as:

 A) trjconv -s -f -pbc mol(res) -center (-n index with DNA&Protein/Ligand/Protein)

to obtain trajectories as shown in pic1

B) Then i used -pbc whole/nojump to obtain a result as shown in fig 2

I guess that the problem still persists....

Any suggestion about your experience?

Thanks in advance

Vito Genna, PhD-Fellow
Italian Institute of Technology
Drug Discovery and Development department
Via Morego 30, 16163 Genoa, Italy

The process of scientific discovery is, in effect, a continual flight from wonder.
Albert Einstein