[gmx-users] topology in local?

Nicola Staffolani n.staffolani at unitus.it
Wed May 21 12:28:12 CEST 2014

Dear Chandan,

thank you for your reply. Anyway, before making any change to my GROMACS
and therefore risking  to "destroy", can I ask again your advice?

>From what I have read about environment
variables<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environment_variable#Unix>,
if another simulation is already running on a computer and I want to launch
my simulation but using a different topology, and if my new topology is
stored in the directory somewhere/my_topology, then I should send the
following command (for example for a md.com command):

$GMXLIB=somewhere/my_topology md.com

Right?

And is it true that the by doing so, I will affect only this simulation,
i.e. I will have changed the path to the topology only for this run, while
for all the next ones the old path (/usr/share/gromacs/top) will be kept?

Thank you,

Nicola

email: n.staffolani at unitus.it
tel.: +39 0761 35 70 27; fax: +39 0761 35 71 36