[gmx-users] Multi-node GPU runs crashing with a fork() warning

Thomas C. O'Connor toconnor at jhu.edu
Thu May 22 17:31:06 CEST 2014

Hey,

Yes, everything runs fine if I work on one node with one or more GPU's. The
crash occurs, similar to the previous mailing list post:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.science.biology.gromacs.user/63911

It crashes when we attempt to work across multiple GPU enabled nodes. This
happens when our cluster of C2050's is used but not when our nodes with
K20's are used. The CPU architecture on the two node types are also
slightly different but both are Intel hardware.

Hopefully there is a solution.

Thanks for the tips on launch configurations. I think my simulations are
scaling pretty well with the GPU's.  I'm working with a dense city of many
millions of atoms.