[gmx-users] Generating Glycerol parameters from propanol parameters - OPLS

Carlos Navarrro Retamal cnavarro at utalca.cl
Sun May 25 19:15:28 CEST 2014

Dear gromacs users,
I’m trying to generate the parameters of Glycerol to use them on OPLS.
I was looking them everywhere without luck, but then i realised that on the folder of OPLS on gromacs are the parameters of propanol.
So i was wondering, it is ok if i just changed the atoms (at its respective charge) in order to use this parameters in my simulations?
Is there anything else i should also changed on the .itp file?
Hope someone can help me,
Have a nice day.
Greetings,
--