[gmx-users] angle-angle and bond-angle cross terms

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed May 28 01:07:20 CEST 2014

On 5/27/14, 10:34 AM, João T. S. Coimbra wrote:
> Dear All,
> I am fairly new to the GROMACS world.
> Recently I have came across 2 sections in the GROMACS manual intitled "angle-angle cross term" and "bond-angle cross term".
> I was wondering if it is possible to implement these additional parameters for the commonly available force fields: AMBER, GROMACS and CHARMM (in regards to protein simulations).
> I have tested the Morse potential with the AMBER ff99SB, and this only needs a keyword for selecting this potential. For the case of bond-angle and angle-angle cross terms I cannot find such "keyword-modes". Does this mean that a carefull parameterization of such cross terms is needed?
> If so, can I then implement such MM terms in the previously discussed force fields?

Sure, but doing so would likely require a massive reparametrization of any of
those force fields.  It's not trivial to simply add in a new term to the
functional form; everything is balanced against existing terms.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601
University of Maryland, Baltimore