[gmx-users] How to overcome the error "Atom P in residue DC 3 was not found in the rtp entry DC5 with 28 atoms while sorting atom."

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Nov 3 18:42:45 CET 2014

On 11/3/14 12:32 AM, Seera Suryanarayana wrote:
> Dear gromacs users
>
> I have been tried to simulate the  protein-dna complex. I got error as
> "Atom P in residue DC 3 was not found in the rtp entry DC5 with 28 atoms
> while sorting atom" upon using the command pdb2gmx. I have been added the P
> atom and bonds of P in the .rtp file which is the part of AMBER99SB-ILDN
> force field. After the modification of the dna.rtp file I also got the same
> error which mentioned above.
> Kindly tell me how to overcome this error.

DNA does not normally have a 5'-PO4 cap, but apparently your structure does.  If
it's some biologically interesting state, you'll need to add a .tdb entry to
deal with having a phosphate group.  If not, delete the extraneous atoms.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore