[gmx-users] CMake Errors when installing gromacs-5.0.2 with Orca

Matthew Kelley matthewkelley2017 at u.northwestern.edu
Fri Nov 7 20:47:32 CET 2014

Hello,

I'm trying to install gromacs-5.0.2 on our local cluster with Orca using
CMake 3.0, and I'm running into a few issues. With a cmake command along
the lines of the following,

cmake .. -DGMX_QMMM_PROGRAM=ORCA -DGMX_BUILD_OWN_FFTW=ON -DGMX_MPI=ON
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/my_path/GROMACS-ORCA/ -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=g++
-DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=gcc

I get errors in the terminal that look like
You have called ADD_LIBRARY for library testutils without any source files.
This typically indicates a problem with your CMakeLists.txt file
-- Check if the system is big endian
-- Searching 16 bit integer
-- Using unsigned short
-- Check if the system is big endian - little endian
-- Looking for inttypes.h
-- Looking for inttypes.h - found
CMake Error at src/gromacs/gmxlib/CMakeLists.txt:46 (list):
  list sub-command REMOVE_ITEM requires two or more arguments.

CMake Error at src/gromacs/legacyheaders/CMakeLists.txt:41 (list):
  list sub-command REMOVE_ITEM requires two or more arguments.

CMake Error at src/gromacs/legacyheaders/CMakeLists.txt:42 (list):
  list sub-command REMOVE_ITEM requires two or more arguments.

-- Performing Test HAS_NO_UNUSED_PARAMETER
-- Performing Test HAS_NO_UNUSED_PARAMETER - Success
-- Performing Test HAS_NO_DEPRECATED_REGISTER
-- Performing Test HAS_NO_DEPRECATED_REGISTER - Success
You have called ADD_LIBRARY for library mdrun_objlib without any source
files. This typically indicates a problem with your CMakeLists.txt file
You have called ADD_LIBRARY for library view_objlib without any source
files. This typically indicates a problem with your CMakeLists.txt file

I'm not sure what I should be looking for in the log files or if I need to
fix my CMakeLists.txt file. I am running the cmake command from the
directory "build" inside the root gromacs-5.0.2 source directory. Please
let me know what I should do to correct these errors. I can add requisite
information from the log files if required.

Thank you,
Matthew