[gmx-users] Problem - How to center a protein in a CG simulation

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Nov 11 00:45:35 CET 2014

On 11/10/14 10:01 AM, Carlos Navarro Retamal wrote:
> nobody?
> if there is not a way to do this at this moment (after the simulation) is there a way to apply a restraint to maintain fix the protein in the middle of the POPC bilayer (other than elastic network) during the MD simulation in order to avoid this problem?

I don't know why the -center option isn't working.  That's precisely what it
does.  Other things to try:

1. Often I find that PBC routines do not work well when dealing with a single
coordinate file.  Processing the trajectory, then extracting the frame(s) of
interest works all the time.

2. Try the -fit transxy option of trjconv.  It's designed for interfacial and
membrane systems.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629