[gmx-users] Problem - How to center a protein in a CG simulation

Carlos Navarro Retamal cnavarro at utalca.cl
Tue Nov 11 02:52:39 CET 2014

Dear Justin,
It worked! :D
Thanks a lot.
I first preprocess  the whole trajectory,
> trjconv -f dynamic-NO-Elastic.xtc -s equilibration.tpr -pbc mol

And after that i center the protein

> trjconv -f trajout.xtc -s equilibration.tpr -pbc mol -center -skip 50 -o test.xtc
In order to extract the last frame i used the following command:

> trjconv -f test.xtc -sep -o LastFrame.gro

The only ‘issue’ was that the frames i saved with -sep content the description of each atom as follows:

>     1LYS     BB    1   5.4   6.9   8.4
>     1LYS    SC1    2   5.3   7.2   8.5
>     1LYS    SC2    3   5.0   7.3   8.6
>     2ARG     BB    4   5.1   6.8   8.5
>     2ARG    SC1    5   5.1   6.6   8.7
>     2ARG    SC2    6   5.0   6.5   9.0

so i got an error with initram. To avoid this i performed a minimisation of this lastFrame.gro file in order to obtain the correct description of each atom. After that, FINALLY, the backward process worked :D

Thanks to all of you :D

ps- During the CG simulation using Elastic-Network i saw big movements of the K2P protein, and when i compared it with respect to the inicial AA model i saw how a part of the CAP of the K2P channel is completely rotate to another side of the protein.
 I used 500 kj/mol^-1/nm^-2 as the tutorial suggest.
Should i increase the elastic force constant to 1000 (or even more), or instead try ElNeDyn?
I didn’t want to use this approximation, since the tutorial emphasise that using it will be huge change on the martini ff.
Best regards to all of you,
Carlos
--
Carlos Navarro Retamal