[gmx-users] Flat-bottomed position restraint set

Erik Marklund erik.marklund at chem.ox.ac.uk
Fri Nov 14 12:24:08 CET 2014

Dear Liuyoung,

Remember that the electrostatic screening is much weaker in gas phase systems such as yours. I would use a larger cut-off for the non-bonded interactions to effectively have all vs all interactions. Your system is fairly small so you won't be simulating for that long anyway. Note that gromacs can be told to keep the neighbour list from the first frame, which would speed up things a bit.

Kind regards,
Erik

Erik Marklund, PhD
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Fulford JRF

Department of Chemistry
Physical & Theoretical Chemistry Laboratory
University of Oxford
South Parks Road
Oxford
OX1 3QZ