[gmx-users] SMD - Pulling Error in mdrun 0.49 times box size

Agnivo Gosai agnivogromacs14 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 00:35:17 CET 2014

Mr. Law

I understand your argument regarding the box length along the Z axis but
for the same box length I did complete 2 successful SMD runs of 500 ps and
1 ns , having different pull rates but in effect the same pulled distance
of 5 nm. Only in the 5 ns SMD , the mdrun crashed with the error as
mentioned in my initial ( trailing ) mail.

My question is , why I need to change box dimension now ? Or may be because
I am simulating under an NPT ensemble , the box vectors had enough time to
change and thus contribute towards the error ?

Please share your suggestions.