[gmx-users] run g-msd using more than one core

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Oct 22 22:31:21 CEST 2014

Please cut out unrelated text from the digest.  If you're not replying to an
existing thread, please just send a new message.

On 10/22/14 3:56 PM, Xiaobin Cao wrote:
> Dear GROMACS users,
>
> I want to analyze the diffusion coefficient using g_msd. Can I run this command using more than one core, and how? I tried MPI version, but I can only use one core even I applied 16 cores on a supercomputer.

You can't run g_msd in parallel.  None of the analysis tools support MPI, in
fact.  g_hbond supports OpenMP, but that's about it.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore