[gmx-users] Multiple writing to same trajectory issue

Matthias Ernst matthias.ernst at physik.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Oct 24 20:37:48 CEST 2014

Just one more question on that topic:

according to the Hoempage
(http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Doing_Restarts -> After a
crash), it used to be possible to resume a crashed run by employing
tpbconv and supplying the trr file. As I did not save my cpt-files,
would that still be an option (I saved frames to trr every now and
then...)?
If so, I could at least save a big part of my data and recover the
broken run somewhere before the point of the crash. If I understand it
correctly, this would give me a continous trajectory even though I think
I will have to manually join the data. Is this correct?

Thank you for your help,
Matthias

--
Progress... http://www.phdcomics.com/comics/archive.php?comicid=1611