[gmx-users] In itp file from prodrg, what is C0 and C1 in bonds, angles and dihedrals section

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Oct 25 23:22:15 CEST 2014

Please keep the discussion on the mailing list.

On 10/25/14 5:11 PM, fatemeh ramezani wrote:
> I want to replace one atom parameter in itp file from prodrg result. I have
> epsilon and sigma of desired atom. How can I convert epsilon and sigma to C0 and
> C1?

You don't.  Sigma and epsilon are nonbonded parameters that are introduced in an
[atomtypes] directive before any [moleculetype] is defined.  See Chapter 5 of
the manual.  Note that Gromos force fields do not use sigma and epsilon; you
have to convert them to C6 and C12 (which have no relation to these C*
constants, which are only take their names from data structures used in the code).

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore