[gmx-users] trjconv gets stuck on frame

Eric Smoll ericsmoll at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 00:44:05 CET 2014

Hi Mark,

Thank you for responding so rapidly. I should note that identical
processing (I use a script) on the trajectories produced by slightly
different chemical systems had no problem and trajconv produced a complete
processed trajectory.

However, when processing the problematic few with trajconv, the trajectory
that is output is incomplete (the trjconv output has fewer frames than the
input trajectory).

This is definitely not problem with the change in output frequency of
progress reports to the terminal.

I am not sure if the -b flag is telling me anything. I move it around and
it still seems to get stuck. I have ~30,000 atoms in my system. The first
120 ps are processed in ~ 5 seconds. The next 4 ps take ~ 30 sec. My
trajectory is many nanoseconds long.

Again, my other chemically similar systems do no hang like this and the
simulation procedure is scripted so it is consistent across my different
chemical systems.

I am using gromacs/4.6.5.

Best,
Eric