[gmx-users] Regarding the Pi-Pi and pi-cation interaction

Ivan Gladich igladich at sissa.it
Thu Oct 30 09:57:13 CET 2014

Hi,
to the best of my knowledge,
Molecular Dynamics is not the best way to study system stabilized by
Pi-Pi or Pi-Cataion interaction.

However,in MD  people usually overpolarized C-C and C-H bonds to
increase the quadrupole interactions, and thus, mimic the Pi-Pi
interaction

See
http://pubs.acs.org/doi/pdf/10.1021/jp408977b
or
http://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlelanding/2006/cp/b610253k#!divAbstract

In conclusion (and in my opinion), you case use MD but be careful and
test your Force field...

Ivan