[gmx-users] Regarding the Pi-Pi and pi-cation interaction

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Oct 30 18:38:57 CET 2014

On 10/30/14 8:39 AM, rama david wrote:
> Dear justin,
>           Thank you for suggestion.
> I  did the docking of peptide ligand and receptor and I found the
> pi-pi and pi- cation interaction and hydrogen bond.
>       Now if I do the MD it is hard to claim the  pi-pi  and pi-cation
> interaction through md.
> If I do the md will it help me ? will the reviwer of journal put me in any
> problem ?

Help you do what?  If you want to use MD as "proof" that pi-pi or cation-pi
interactions exist using those force fields, I'd say the answer is "no."  It's
just not a physical phenomenon that additive models capture well.

If I could predict what reviewers would say about anything, I'd have a much
easier time with my papers.  But as I said, making any sort of bold claims about
such interactions should rightfully draw scrutiny.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore