[gmx-users] mdrun error message in Computing Cluster

Agnivo Gosai agnivogromacs14 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 01:58:10 CET 2014

Dear Users

I compiled double precision Gromacs 4.5.6 in my university cluster ( named
CyEnce ).
It is the serial version as I did not compile mdrun separately as parallel
mdrun.
I followed the procedure in the below mentioned link :-
http://ringo.ams.sunysb.edu/index.php/Compiling_GROMACS_on_Cluster
But while using mdrun I am getting the following error :-

Reading file em.tpr, VERSION 4.5.6 (double precision)
Starting 16 threads
tMPI Fatal error in pthreads.c, line 202: Failed to create POSIX
thread:Resource temporarily unavailable, rc=11
Aborted

I am not sure as to what this means. Any suggestions please ??

Thanks & Regards
Agnivo Gosai
Grad Student, Iowa State University.