[gmx-users] Fwd: Help with Gromacs 5.1 mdp options for CHARMM27 force field

Rakesh Ramachandran korenpol3 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 03:08:34 CET 2015

Hi Justin,

   Thanks for the reply. Why is the RMSD difference reported by gmx energy
tool so large after NPT equilibration as well as energy minimization ? I
did not find such difference in RMSD when I superimposed the structures
onto the crystal structure.

*Energy Min*

Energy                      Average   Err.Est.       RMSD  Tot-Drift
Potential                -1.27808e+06      45000     120456    -293146
 (kJ/mol)

*NPT equil*

Energy                      Average   Err.Est.       RMSD  Tot-Drift
Pressure                  -0.905575        1.8    99.0051    9.72043  (bar)

Regards
Rakesh