[gmx-users] Free energy calculation using inter-molecular bonded interaction

Atsutoshi Okabe atsutoshi0708 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 16:21:18 CEST 2015

I mean that the entire [intermolecular_interaction] directive were commented out below;
;[ intermolecular-interactions ]

;[ bonds ]
;411 3173  6  0.55  2090

;[ angles ]
;411 3173 3152  1  164.5  20.9
;409 411 3173  1  122.3  20.9

;[ dihedrals ]
;409 411 3173 3152  2  12.0  20.9
;407 409 411 3173  2  75.6  20.9
;411 3173 3152 3144  2  -126.0  20.9

I checked global atom number in .gro file of protein-ligand complex. It looks no problem.
(407, 409 and 411 are atom number of protein,  3172, 3144 and 3152 are atom number of ligand in gro file of complex)
Curiously, this error occurs when the vdW interaction between ligand and the environment becomes to turn-off(it means Lambda=0.7~1.0).
Conversely, the calculations were finished normally when the vdW interaction remains(it means Lambda=0.0~0.7).

Bests,
Atsutoshi