[gmx-users] Free energy calculation using inter-molecular bonded interaction

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Sep 2 22:42:38 CEST 2015

On 9/2/15 10:21 AM, Atsutoshi Okabe wrote:
> I mean that the entire [intermolecular_interaction] directive were commented out below;
> ;[ intermolecular-interactions ]
>
> ;[ bonds ]
> ;411 3173  6  0.55  2090
>
> ;[ angles ]
> ;411 3173 3152  1  164.5  20.9
> ;409 411 3173  1  122.3  20.9
>
> ;[ dihedrals ]
> ;409 411 3173 3152  2  12.0  20.9
> ;407 409 411 3173  2  75.6  20.9
> ;411 3173 3152 3144  2  -126.0  20.9
>
> I checked global atom number in .gro file of protein-ligand complex. It looks no problem.
> (407, 409 and 411 are atom number of protein,  3172, 3144 and 3152 are atom number of ligand in gro file of complex)
> Curiously, this error occurs when the vdW interaction between ligand and the environment becomes to turn-off(it means Lambda=0.7~1.0).
> Conversely, the calculations were finished normally when the vdW interaction remains(it means Lambda=0.0~0.7).

I've never tried using [bonds] in this context; the pull code is a better approach.

Perhaps there's an issue with the negative dihedral?  Have you tried turning
these interactions on one-by-one to see if there is a specific entry that leads
to a failure?  That's the most surefire way to find it.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore