[gmx-users] Free energy calculation using inter-molecular bonded interaction

Atsutoshi Okabe atsutoshi0708 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 15:14:42 CEST 2015

Thanks, Justin.
I tried turning [bonds],  [angles], [dihedrals] interaction on one-by-one.
However, same errors occurred in all cases.
Also, I tried the calculation on 1 cpu using the following command and the error did not occur!
(that means I did not use parallelization)
gmx_mpi mdrun -deffnm equil$LAMBDA  # 1 cpu

So, I am wondering if the calculation using both [intermolecular-interactions] tool and parallelization can not work and that causes the error messages below.
[mpiexec at leon304] HYDT_bscu_wait_for_completion (./tools/bootstrap/utils/bscu_wait.c:101): one of the processes terminated badly; aborting
[mpiexec at leon304] HYDT_bsci_wait_for_completion (./tools/bootstrap/src/bsci_wait.c:18): bootstrap device returned error waiting for completion
[mpiexec at leon304] HYD_pmci_wait_for_completion (./pm/pmiserv/pmiserv_pmci.c:521): bootstrap server returned error waiting for completion
[mpiexec at leon304] main (./ui/mpich/mpiexec.c:548): process manager error waiting for completion

I used the following command for parallelization
mpirun -np 8 gmx_mpi mdrun -deffnm equil$LAMBDA # 8cpus

Bests,
Atsutoshi

2015/09/03 5:42、Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> のメール:

> On 9/2/15 10:21 AM, Atsutoshi Okabe wrote:
>> I mean that the entire [intermolecular_interaction] directive were commented out below;
>> ;[ intermolecular-interactions ]

I tried turning [bonds] or [angles] or [dihedrals] interaction on one-by-one.
However, same errors occurred in all cases.
Then, I tried the calculation on 1cpu using the following command and the error did not occur!
(that means I do not use parallelization)
gmx_mpi mdrun -deffnm equil$LAMBDA  # 1 cpu

So, I am wondering if the calculation using both [intermolecular-interactions] tool and parallelization can not work and that causes the error messages.
[mpiexec at leon304] HYDT_bscu_wait_for_completion (./tools/bootstrap/utils/bscu_wait.c:101): one of the processes terminated badly; aborting
[mpiexec at leon304] HYDT_bsci_wait_for_completion (./tools/bootstrap/src/bsci_wait.c:18): bootstrap device returned error waiting for completion
[mpiexec at leon304] HYD_pmci_wait_for_completion (./pm/pmiserv/pmiserv_pmci.c:521): bootstrap server returned error waiting for completion
[mpiexec at leon304] main (./ui/mpich/mpiexec.c:548): process manager error waiting for completion

I use the following command to use parallelization