[gmx-users] Multiple membrane proteins in complex bilayer (martini)

Machtens, Jan-Philipp j.machtens at fz-juelich.de
Thu Sep 10 10:41:40 CEST 2015

Hi Kathrin,
if I remember correctly I once did something similar with g_membed -pieces !

Cheers,
====================================
Dr. Jan-Philipp Machtens
Institute of Complex Systems - Zelluläre Biophysik (ICS-4)
Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany
Telefon:  02461 616467
====================================

Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 01:25:00 +0200
From: Kathrin Hadasch <khada at web.de>
To: gromacs.org_gmx-users at maillist.sys.kth.se
Subject: [gmx-users] Multiple membrane proteins in complex bilayer
        (martini)

Hey you all,
I'm searching for a way to insert and embed multiple(!) copies of the
same protein in a complex, presimulated membrane patch (all martini-cg).
I've tryed lambada for insertion, but I couldn't get it to work with
more than one protein. I've tried to translate the protein to a (4 4 0)
vector with editconf in the lambada script, but I get following error:
Modification of non-creatable array value attempted, subscript -6 at
/home/lambada/modules/protein.pm line 281.
For insertion via vmd, I have no clue how to generate a psf file for
martini-lipids.
Any suggestions how I could make it work?
Best regards and thanks in advance,
Kathrin

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich