[gmx-users] get dihedrals in 0 to 360 degrees instead of -180 to +180 degrees

Repic Matej matej.repic at epfl.ch
Thu Sep 10 10:58:30 CEST 2015

I do not think gmx angle supports this, but it very easy to just add 180
to xvg files.

1) One approach is to edit the data file prior to plotting. Issue this
command:

awk "{if (/@|#/){print}else{print $1+180,$2}" angdist.xvg > angdist360.xvg

2) With gnuplot you can use this command to plot and add 180 to the data
on the fly:

Set datafile commentschars "#@"
plot "angdist.xvg" using ($1+180.0):2

3) In xmgrace you can use Data >> Transformations >> Evaluate Expression.
Select both sets of data and write "x=x+180" in the Formula window and
Apply. Then you also have to change the axis start/stop in Plot >> Axis
Properties. And lastly, you have to add 180 to the average angle in the
subtitle.

Best,
Matej

Dr. Matej Repic
Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
Laboratory of Computational Chemistry and Biochemistry
SB - ISIC ­ LCBC
BCH 4108
CH - 1015 Lausanne

On 9/10/15, 09:47, "gromacs.org_gmx-users-bounces at maillist.sys.kth.se on