[gmx-users] Analysis of old xtc file using gromacs-5 tools

Venkat Reddy venkat4bt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 06:52:52 CEST 2015

Hi Teemu,
Thank you for providing the patch. But the patched version is giving
following error message:

Program:     gmx rdf, VERSION 5.2-dev
Source file: src/gromacs/utility/path.cpp (line 406)
Function:    static void gmx::File::throwOnError(const
gmx::File::NotFoundInfo&)

System I/O error:
Failed to access file 'traj.xtc'.
The file could not be opened.
  Reason: Value too large for defined data type
  (call to fopen() returned error code 75)

I would like to inform you that I have installed this patched version to a
non-standard location.