[gmx-users] on non-equilibrium MD

Brett brettliu123 at 163.com
Sun Apr 3 11:09:39 CEST 2016

Dear,

I am still confisued,

Suppose for a protein, its ligand binding form has a higher energy that its apo form. After we got the apo format PDB from the protein-ligand PDB, we energy minimized the apo protein and equlibrated it and then run production MD on it.

I deduce if the final stabilized apo protein has significant different conformation from the ligand binding status, during the production MD the internal energy of the apo protein will change significantly. If the production MD cannot cross energy barrier, then how production MD can make us see significant protein conformational change during the MD?

Brett